So this is the last of the photos from Alma. There was a lot of water damage, and it was an interesting challenge to correct it. The really fun thing about using the GIMP to do photo-manipulation is how many ways that you can solve a problem. In this case, I used some cloning, but mostly I did a marquee selection of a water stained area all of one color, desaturated that selection, and colorized it to match the rest of the photo’s content, like her skin or his suit, etc.. Thanks for all of your help this week, Alma. I’m going to turn to some other requests now.
tags: photo, photo-manipulation, GIMP, GPL, GNU, open source, Creative commons, CC-SA, sharing, lemasney, 365, postaday2011